Coming to #Edcamp Philly 2014? Please read this *NOW* (and keep for future reference!)
- EdCamp Philly will be held at the Science Leadership Academy, 55 North 22nd Street – Philadelphia, PA 19103. Click here for a map of the area.
Registration / doors open at 8:00 am
- Please be patient as you see the organizing team and volunteers scurrying madly in the minutes leading up to 8:00 am … that is when we will begin checking people in!
- 30th St station can get you there as can the green line (trolleys) heading Eastbound into Center City. Get off at 22nd St and walk North one block.
- There is a paid lot directly behind SLA, on Walden Street, which can be accessed from either 22nd (northbound) or 21st (southbound). There is another paid lot at 23rd and Arch. In addition, there may be street parking in the area, depending on the time of your arrival, but, a lot is your best bet.
Walk-Ins are welcome!
- We are thrilled to be able to say that we can allow walk-ins this year. Yes, that’s right. You don’t even need to have registered. We’re expecting a record crowd – over 500 have said they are coming – why not allow for a few more? Our venue (and team) can handle it!
Breakfast & Schedule Creation
- Once you’ve checked in, come to to the Cafe (on the ground/lower floor as you enter) to enjoy some light refreshments and coffee courtesy of our terrific sponsor, PAECT! We’ll be creating the schedule in the same area, so, if things get crowded, please move around and find a place to sit and relax once you’ve gotten something to eat (and proposed a session if you wish.)
- Yes! We’ll have WiFi. No! We won’t have cryptic, hard-to-read codes. Details will be available on the day of the event.
- Yes, boys and girls, we’ve got STICKERS again this year! They will be available (on a first-come, first-served basis) until supplies are exhausted. One per Edcamper, please!
- Once the schedule of sessions for the day is determined, it will be posted here on the blog.
Greeters & Volunteers
- Interested in acting as a greeter/volunteers to direct people and answer questions? Please let us know when you sign in!
Flickr Group & Flickr Photo Tag
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/edcamp/ <= why not go ahead and join it now?
Capturing the Learning
- We have set up “Session Notes” Google Docs pages for each room and time slot. These documents are open for ALL to edit on Saturday. You can find the hyperlinks in the schedule.
“Smackdown” at 3:30 pm in the cafe
- A “Smackdown” is a fun, lively session where people from the audience take turns coming up to the podium and are given a very short amount of time (measured in minutes) to show and possibly demonstrate a particular Web 2.0 tool. Don’t miss it!
Door prizes will be given away after the Smackdown
- We have some cool door prizes to give away thanks to our terrific sponsors! You must be present to win – we will handing out raffle tickets as attendees enter the auditorium for the Smackdown.
After party at Kite and Key starts at 4:30 pm
- This year’s after party will be held at Kite and Key 1836 Callowhill St, Philadelphia, PA 19130. The festivities start at 4:30 and go until 6pm. There should always a group heading that way at the end of the day, so come and hang out! Click here for a map.
“Leave No Trace”
- We are so thankful the Science Leadership Academy has agreed to host our event this year. Please clean up after yourself. While you’re at it, please clean up after others, too. We want to treat the facility with the respect it deserves and leave it in the same (or better) condition than we found it.
Discussion/Session Leaders Please Note! <= THIS IS IMPORTANT!
- Computers in the classrooms (connected to projectors) may be used without a login. Laptops may also be connected. Don’t forget your dongles! We won’t have any dedicated “tech support” (like during Educon) so we’re on our own!
That should be it! If anything changes or if new information becomes available, it will be posted here on the blog. Have a question? Post a comment!