Meet Tony Tepedino, Curricular Technology | Social Media Designer
If you’d like to be featured in our Meet the Edcampers series, fill out this form!
How are you involved in education?
- Curricular Technology | Social Media Designer at Allendale Columbia School in Rochester, NY
What’s your ideal classroom or school like?
- An open, flexible classroom space that changes to meet the needs of the students and projects. 1:1 would be a must, iPad mini’s preferably. The classroom would be busy, messy and fun.
Have you ever attended an unconference before?
- NEIT Conference twice – http://neit.wikispaces.com/
- T4 – at Elmwood Franklin in Buffalo – http://efst4.wikispaces.com/
- I helped organize two unconference PD days at my school.
If you were to lead a session at EdCamp, what would it be about?
- Two areas that I have become very involved with over the last three years, both involve social media.
- One session idea I like to call “Connected Educators” – the focus would be on the why and who to be connected to other educators globally using social media tools.
- The other session would be about using social media tools to promote yourself and your school. To better communicate with parents, students, and to extend the classroom by using social media.
Do you have a website or blog?
Are you on Twitter?
What is your favorite digital tool?
- My iPhone 5 and Twitter – I can’t pick just one!