Meet Robin Burns, Library Media Teacher
How are you involved in education?
- Library Media Teacher – Salisbury High School
What’s your ideal classroom or school like?
- The ideal school is one where technology is seamlessly integrated as part of the learning not a tool used for one period or block of time. This allows students and staff to maximize collaboration with various web 2.0 tools and Google applications and enhance learning. The library in my ideal school has a flexible schedule and space for multiple classes and groups during any given time. The space should also have a dedicated area for cyber learning students and a maker space to produce student based projects/work.
Have you ever attended an unconference before?
- PSLA Unconference Smackdown
- EdCamp Lehigh Valley
If you were to lead a session at EdCamp, what would it be about?
- eReaders in the Classroom
- Flipped Classroom/Library
- Google Apps in Action – Student/Teacher
- LibGuides – Tool for Librarians & Classroom Teacher Collaboration
- Open Source Scheduling (google, TimeToSignUp, etc.)
- Twitter – Personal Learning Network
Are you on Twitter?
What is your favorite digital tool?