Meet Lisa Mims, 5th grade teacher
How are you involved in education?
- I am a 27 year veteran educator working in Delaware. Currently, I teach 5th grade.
What’s your ideal classroom or school like?
- My ideal classroom would be a 1:1 ipad classroom. I would not have to share the ipads with other classes, they would be all mine!:) I would be able to purchase tools such as Glogster, Voicethread, SpellingCity, GoAnimate, Bit of Strips comics, etc… the premium versions, and use them to enhance learning in my classroom. Any projects, such as Global Read Aloud, would not be considered a waste of test prepping time. I would be allowed to participate in any, or all, of them if I wished to. We would be able to leave the classroom, and explore places beyond our state. We would be allowed to provide community service to those around us, thereby creating responsible citizens. And last, chapter books! Not anthologies, chapter books, and we wouldn’t read them for points, we would read them for the joy of reading!
Have you ever attended an unconference before?
- I attended an unconference in Philly, it was for ISTE2011.
If you were to lead a session at EdCamp, what would it be about?
- If I were to lead a session at EdCamp, it would be about my passion, integrating technology in the classroom. It would be about the multitude of tools that are out there, just waiting to be utilized by our 21st century learners!
Do you have a website or blog?
Are you on Twitter?
What is your favorite digital tool?
- So hard to choose! Edmodo.