- The Schedule is live! Go to http://lrn.link/ecp16-schedule for details!
- EdCamp Philly will be held at Science Leadership Academy, 22nd and Arch Streets – Philadelphia, PA 19103. Click here for a map of the area.
Registration / doors open at 8:00 am
- Please be patient as you see the organizing team and volunteers scurrying madly in the minutes leading up to 8:00 am … that is when we will begin checking people in!
- Suburban Station and 30th Street Station are the closest rail stations. The school is an easy 10-minute walk from both. The school entrance is on 22nd Street, two blocks north of Market Street.
- The 44 bus stops at 23rd and Arch, and multiple routes stop on Market at 21st and 23rd Streets.
- The Green Line trolley also runs under Market Street and stops at 22nd and Market.
- There is a paid lot directly behind SLA, on Walden Street, which can be accessed from either 22nd (northbound) or 21st (southbound). There is another paid lot at 23rd and Arch. You can also try ParkWhiz to find and reserve parking in the area. In addition, there may be street parking in the area, depending on the time of your arrival, but, a lot is your best bet.
Walk-Ins are welcome!
- Though we love our pre-registered attendees, walk-ins are always welcome! We’re expecting a large crowd – over 300 have said they are coming – why not allow for a few more? Our venue (and team) can handle it!
Breakfast & Schedule Creation
- Once you’ve checked in, our friendly greeters will direct you to the cafe to enjoy some light refreshments and coffee courtesy of our terrific sponsor, PAECT! We’ll be creating the schedule in the same area, so, if things get crowded, please move around and find a place to sit and relax once you’ve gotten something to eat (and proposed a session if you wish.)
- Yes! We’ll have WiFi. No! We won’t have cryptic, hard-to-read codes. Details will be available on the day of the event.
Stickers! And Tattoos!!
- Not only have we got STICKERS again this year, but we’ve upped the ante with new Edcamp temporary tattoos! They will be available (on a first-come, first-served basis) until supplies are exhausted. One per Edcamper, please!
- Are you an experienced Edcamper? Interested in acting as a greeter/volunteers to direct people and answer questions? Please let us know when you sign in!
Flickr Group & Flickr Photo Tag
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/edcamp/ <= why not go ahead and join it now?
Capturing the Learning
- We have set up “Session Notes” Google Docs pages for each room and time slot. These documents are open for ALL to edit on Saturday. You can find the hyperlinks in the schedule.
“3-2-1 Sharing” at 3:30 pm in the Cafe
- We’ll be trying something new this year in place of the traditional (and stale) Smackdown. Instead, we have a lively and fun way to share out and connect with the other attendees.
Door prizes will be given away after the sharing session
- We have some cool door prizes to give away thanks to our terrific sponsors! You must be present to win – and we’re innovating with new ways to pick winners this year!
After party at TBD starts at 4:30 pm
- This year’s lunch/after-party will be held…somewhere awesome! We’re still nailing down the nitpicky details, but we guarantee it will be…did we mention awesome? The festivities start at 4:30 and go until we’re sick of each other. Or they kick us out. Whichever comes first. There should be a group heading that way at the end of the closing session.
“Leave No Trace”
- We are so thankful SLA has agreed to host our event again this year. Please clean up after yourself. While you’re at it, please clean up after others, too. Please also keep food and drink only in the cafe area. Avoid bringing these to classrooms. We want to treat the facility with the respect it deserves and leave it in the same (or better) condition than we found it.
- Each room is equipped with a projector and screen or IWB. Bring your own dongles and adapters. We won’t have any dedicated “tech support” so we’re on our own!
That should be it! If anything changes or if new information becomes available, it will be posted here on the blog. Have a question? Post a comment!