Meet Julie Greller, Media Specialist
If you’d like to be featured in our Meet the Edcampers series, fill out this form!
How are you involved in education?
- I am a media specialist (7-12) at Ridgefield Park Junior-Senior High School in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey.
What’s your ideal classroom or school like?
- I would love to see each child in the school with an iPad. All textbooks/notebooks would loaded on the iPad, so students would only have to worry about one item in their backpack. My library computer lab would be all Macintosh desktops, (we have PCs) and the school’s network would be F-A-S-T. The library would have seating areas, and special quiet areas for students to receive tutoring from our honor society members. Each classroom would have 10 desktop computers for student use. Each teacher would be given a laptop and each classroom would have a Proxima projector mounted from the ceiling. With no ban on smartphones, students and teachers would be able to experiment with using QR codes in their lesson plans and homework. I could go on and on, but without a FAST network, all technology plans would fail.
Have you ever attended an unconference before?
- edcamp Philly 2011
If you were to lead a session at EdCamp, what would it be about?
- The 5 Web 2.0 Tools You Should Be Using Right Now
- 7 Things I Want Everyone to Know About EBSCO
- Newbie’s Intro to Google Apps and Docs
Do you have a website or blog?
- A Media Specialist’s Guide to the Internet: http://mediaspecialistsguide.blogpot.com
Are you on Twitter?
What is your favorite digital tool?
- Google Apps and Google Forms……..my list is long and I love all things digital!!!