Meet Ryan Wassink, 8th Grade Technology Teacher
How are you involved in education?
- I’ve taught technology to students from kindergarten through college, both online and in person. My current placement is as an 8th grade technology teacher at the Corning Free Academy middle school in Corning, NY – while at the same time teaching online computer programming and design courses to high school students.My aim is to eventually move out of the classroom and into “management” – not necessarily as a principal, but as a technology director or curriculum specialist.
What’s your ideal classroom or school like?
- bright walls, low light, comfortable chairs/couches, a water cooler, a wall full of books, fast WiFi, and a dozen students who are well-fed, dressed to code, undistracted by family or societal issues, ready to learn.
Have you ever attended an unconference before?
- Edcamp Philly 2011
- Edcamp NYC 2011, 2012 (5/5)
- Edubloggercon 2009, 2010, 2011
If you were to lead a session at EdCamp, what would it be about?
- teacher burnout… how to keep energized for the long-term
Do you have a website or blog?
Are you on Twitter?
What is your favorite digital tool?
- board-free interactive projectors