The one month to go letter, properly formatted
I apologize for our ticket provider stripping all of the formatting out of the letter sent to our attendees today. Here it is, in a format that doesn’t cause the eyes to bleed:
That’s right! There’s only one month to go until the very first Edcamp Philly! The organizers are hard at work to put together a great unconference for all of you who are coming to the big day, and we are super excited to see all of it coming together! Here’s what you need to know right now at T-minus 30 days.
Follow the blog at http://edcamp.org/philly
We’ve started to feature some of the people coming to the event on the blog. You can be featured, too! Just fill out this form: http://bit.ly/bkRZZS
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/edcampphilly for some of the latest news and info
Become a fan on Facebook http://bit.ly/b3iD2B
The Facebook page is a great place to start meeting some of the people who will be coming to Edcamp!
Edit the Wiki http://barcamp.org/edcampphilly
Particularly if you want to volunteer or have good ideas for sessions you want to run or sessions you’d like to see, putting that info on the wiki would be very useful!
Get others to register
A few days ago we got our 150th registration for Edcamp! We’ve still got plenty of room for more people, so please pass the word along to some of your friends and colleagues and convince them to register! If you need help explaining what Edcamp will be like, show them this great video made by our own Kristen Swanson: http://voicethread.com/share/819044/
Thinking about presenting?
Edcamp won’t be successful without YOUR participation! Hopefully you’ve started to think about a session that you might want to lead. A few quick ideas:
- You could do a full on presentation on the topic of your choice
- You could lead a discussion on a particular topic
- You could do a hands-on activity with any number of tools
Things to keep in mind as you plan your presentation:
- Only two of the rooms we have scheduled currently have projectors. If you have a projector that you can spare so we can have more to spread around, please let us know
- Thanks to sponsor NJSBA, some rooms will be streamed live onto the internet. Decide if you’ll be comfortable with that when planning your session
- Wifi should be plentiful, and we’re encouraging everybody to bring a laptop with you if you have one
Coming from further out of town? Decided that you’re in Philly already, so you might as well make a night of it? Fortunately for you, we’ve got a great place for you to stay. The Philadelphia Sheraton University City Hotel is less than half a mile from Drexel University, and is offering a rate of $159 a night to people staying on May 21 or 22 who mention edcamp when making a reservation, which is $25 cheaper than their current lowest advertised rate.
Thanks so much to our sponsors so far who are helping make this free event possible:
- Drexel University
- New Jersey Schools Boards Association
- Project Foundry
- Chestnut Hill Academy & Springside School
If you know anybody else who would be willing to sponsor Edcamp, please have them contact us or make a direct donation http://www.edcamp.org/philly/?page_id=51
We’ll be in contact with more details soon!